Ramping Up for 2018!
We look forward to greeting a colossal group of square dancers at 2018 Scares and Squares!
When: October 26-28, 2018.
Where: NEW VENUES for 2018. The Multnomah Arts Center is under construction and unavailable for our dance weekend. We have made other arrangements for 2018.
- On Friday night and Saturday, we will be dancing at the Oak Grove Community Club, 14496 SE Cedar Ave., Oak Grove, Oregon 97267.
- On Sunday, we will be dancing at the Milwaukie Grange, 12015 SE 22nd Ave., Milwaukie, Oregon 97222.
What: Your registration includes:
- 15 hours of dancing, from Basic through C-2!
- Friday picnic-style dinner, Saturday night banquet, and Sunday brunch.
- Saturday night Halloween costume contest!
Callers: We have three of the world’s greatest square dance callers: Kris Jensen (Albuquerque), Michael Kellogg (LA), and Gary Monday (Seattle).
Schedule: There’s something for every dance level at Scares and Squares. Here is our Scares and Squares 2018 Schedule.
Around the Dance Hall: Here are some suggestions for places to eat:
There are also many fast-food options close by.
Hotel options include:
If a bed and breakfast is more to your liking, consider Sandes of Time.
Cost: The entire weekend of dancing, food, and fun costs $85 per dancer if you register by September 1, 2018. If you miss that deadline, you can register for $95 per dancer by October 1, 2018. After that, registration is still a bargain at $105 per dancer.
Register: Ready to register? Here is our Registration Form.